When your potential customers, hit your website sales letter you know that you only get a few crucial minutes to hook them and hold them in reading the page. Your opening remains the most crucial also perhaps the toughest part of the sales letter. In any case, your letter will instantly just get clicked away or be thrown away in first few sentences itself if you do not capture your reader’s interest.
Here, are the 12 ways by which you can avoid it and start off your sales letter in the right way:
- 1. State your offer upfront – “Investment calculator FREE today if you renew your subscriptions”.
- 2. Make an announcement – “Sale ends this Saturday on our summer collection”.
- 3. Tell a captivating tale – “She knew she could never make that mortifying cold call again when she hung-up the phone”.
- 4. Cite a fascinating statistic or fact – “Within this next decade life expectancy in US is predicted to rise by 15 years. Are you sure your retirement savings are going to be sufficient?”
- 5. Flatter your readers – “According to our research you are one of the best professors teaching in the country.”
- 6. Write to your reader as a friend – “If you are like me then golfing is certainly more than a passion.”
- 7. A personal message especially from the president – “It is my personal invite requesting you to join me at this advance training program.”
- 8. Start with a question – “Have you been struggling to attract clients?”
- 9. Identify with your reader – “If you are like me then I understand you don’t trust something that smells even remotely like some get-rich-quickly scheme.”
- 10. Solve their problem – “Here are 10 sure-fire techniques to achieve your sales quota by this quarter.”
- 11. Highlight the benefits – “How to ease your shipping cost by 25% or more.”
- 12. Make an invitation – “You are cordially invited to attend our free seminar.”
As the attention grabber, this will work well, if and when you choose, and in the most cases one should, to use eye catching heading at the top of the sales letter. Nonetheless, to keep the readers intrigued you still require making the opening sentences equally captivating.